Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To My Love

I wonder where you are .
And what you've written so far .
Your life story is an enchantment to me
In knowing I will someday be part of it .

You don't know who I am . Or where I am .
It could be a long time before you find out .
These city lights may never shine your way .
Your symphony might lay unwritten;

and your song left silent .
But I will be a blessed man to earn the honor of making you smile .

I'll live for you before you know it .
The sun won't ever set on my virtue .
All I have is enough time to improve myself
And ultimately rival the horizon of your elegance .

These days will inevitably become the past .
And we'll sit and talk about them sometime .
By then, any memories of days when you felt lonely will disperse .
Because you'll know even then, I was out here .
Working hard to somehow . someday . gain the unfailing ability
To promise you happiness before you know it .

You'll be a part of my life before you realize I'm even living .
I have faith that you exist . You're here in my reality somewhere .
And I know I won't be imagining you forever .
You're going to be wonderful .
So I need to be that, too .

I can't paint your picture . Or assemble your image .
Your existence shatters the capacity of my expectations
And I couldn't even compose a fiction beyond your marvel
If I had an infinite power of boundless exaggeration .

You're going to change what I believe in life and love .
And what I believe I love about life .
Regardless of how I prepare, I don't think I'll ever truly be ready
For that first moment your eyes strike me frozen .
Truly, that will be both the defeat and victory of my spirit .

I'll have to find a thousand new ways to express myself .
You'll have me frequently distracted, disoriented, and speechless .
But never regretful to find myself that way .

I used to think that I'd be able to write the most captivating poem about you . After I know you better .

However, once I finally meet you, I doubt I'll write anything .
Because everything about you, will be beautifully unexplainable .

So I'm going to spend my time writing for you now .
Until these words grow to fail in value .
At the mercy of your truth .


.Ryan Conferido.

No comments:

Post a Comment