Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Training EQ @ Work

Back from training last week.
EQ@Work...
Basically it talk about EQ..
The definition, how it work, the competencies...

From the training, we done some test.
There are 2 EQ test that I feel impressed.

1st test, we are using Johari's Window.
"Are you a sensitive person"
This is question from Trainer when he saw the graph i plot.

Well...I am.
I willing to share, but I am not open to the feedback from others.
I have a lot of blind spots where I didn't realize the bad thing of my own but other know.
In other side, I have less facade.
Facade represent the personality I know but people don't know.

The second test that we had done is DISC.
Form the test, it shows I am a high C and S person.
C stand for compliance and S stand for Steadiness.
Trainer said I am an administrative and demand orientated person.
I only trust something if got black and white.
I am weak in people communication.
From the test, it also shows I am struggling to lead.

Bingo!
All hit the bull eyes.


Thoughts after the training:
I am sensitive, so I like people treat with me with 'heart'.
I will treat you the same.
If I found that you are pretending, I will chop off the relationship.
I will not accept whatever reason you gave.
Because of the sensitivity, I scare to build up relationship with people.
I scare to get hurt.

I hate to force myself to change, so I didn't hide myself.
That why I have less facade now.
I used to be hate myself.
I don't want to go back and repeat the same thing.

Things I need to improve is the people communication.
I don't want to pretend someone else, so I will angry if I am pissed off.
I will act emotionally if I am stress.
I am being very straight forward for the error that people had done.
Well, I guess this is one of the reason people hate me.

I only trust the things that can convince me.
If no answer for my question or not convincing enough, I wouldn't take it or buy it.
I follow the rules, so I will do my task follow the process.

I am struggling to lead in the things that I do.
Either in my job or people relationship.
In my job, I am still not able to find my position.
I am expect people surround me able to fight with me.
I didn't want them fight for me, I am not their lead.
It's just not my time for this moment.
In people relationship, I scare I'll get hurt if I am the one being true 1st.
So I usually observe and wait until a day I know this people.
Then only I can open up with them.
It's might slow but it is safe for me.

I know I need to improve myself.
I just need more TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment